We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One of the most popular and traditional desserts at Christmas is that of Christmas log, a circular sponge cake filled with truffle or cream that is covered in chocolate coating.
Guiainfantil.com offers us an easy and simple Christmas log recipe for children and adults. A homemade dessert that is sure to add a fabulous finishing touch to your Christmas meal.
- 6 eggs
- 70 gr of wheat flour
- 40 gr of cornstarch
- 80 gr of sugar
- 100 gr of powdered chocolate
- 200 ml of liquid cream
- 200 gr of nougat
- 1 bar of pure chocolate
- 50 ml milk
We offer you the step-by-step recipe of the Christmas Log.
1. Chop the nougat (in this case we have used chocolate nougat) and pour it together with 100 ml of cream in the blender glass. Beat well. The resulting mixture is divided into two parts. One will be for the filling and one for the topping.
2. We put one of the halves back into the blender glass. Add 100 ml of cream and beat well. A homogeneous mass is obtained that we have to put in the fridge to cool it well.
3. Now you have to make the cake: First you have to separate the yolks from the egg whites from four of the eggs we use. The last two eggs are added complete to the yolk container.
4. Beat the whites until stiff on one side and the yolks with the two whites and sugar on the other. Then both parts are mixed: The egg whites are poured to the point of snow over the mixture of the yolks and beat well. Add the flour and beat, then the cornstarch and continue beating and finally the cocoa and mix everything well.
5. Line the oven tray with greaseproof paper. On it you have to pour the previous mixture and spread it well. Bake for about 10 minutes at 180ºC.
6. Once you take it out of the oven, you have to shape it. It is done with the help of greaseproof paper or a kitchen towel. It is wrapped by rolling it up. Then it is allowed to cool. When cool, unroll and remove the paper. Now it will be much easier to shape it when you add the filling.
7. Add the filling and spread well. Then the log is rolled up again. What is left of the edges is trimmed. And now yes, he bathes with the chocolate cover that we will have prepared. The coverage is made by melting the chocolate bar with 50 ml of milk. He gets into the fridge. And finally, we already have the Christmas Log!
Advice: To make it look like a log, when pouring the chocolate coating, make the grain of the log with a toothpick. It can also be decorated with strawberries.
You can read more articles similar to Christmas log. Traditional homemade recipe, in the category of Recipes on site.